Just like the title says I have been drenched in God's Glory!
I sent out a mass e-mail to all my close friends and family asking for donations for a yard sale that I am having in a couple of weeks attached to it was my post titled Prayers for Griffin. Since that e-mail God has really showed me his Glory. Not that I was surprised. Afterall, He is very powerful. There is only one word that comes to mind and that word is UNDESERVING.I have doubted. I have been bitter. I have yelled, cried and not to mention, when do I ever find time to spend time with him? I have two children, house duties, therapy sessions and work? I have put him on the back burner and yet he still sends me these envelopes full of his Glory and Grace.
Sharing Griffin's diagnosis has been the best thing I could of ever done. I had anxiety about sharing. Mainly anxiety about how people would treat him and look at him. That was the enemy trying to attack and yet again God's victory stood in the way.
Since the post I received so many emails from so many people pouring out their hearts to me assuring me that we would be in their thoughts and prayers. Assuring me that Griffin is and will ALWAYS be loved by them. I received emails from strangers saying that they wanted to donate things for the yard sale and that the post humbled them ,made them choke up and encouraged them all at the same time.
I then got a call from one of my dear friends who lives out of town asking me what Griffin's favorite color was and this is why she asked:
After finding out what his favorite color was. She got the RED shirts made and the whole family walked the Autism Walk in their town. Yes when she told me I cried like a baby and then when she sent me the picture it happened again. We are all going next year and walking together! Can't wait! Love you Lauren!
I have met two amazing women that are going through the same thing but have older children. One lives close by and I actually got to have a lunch date with this week. The other woman will be an email pal for life. They have shared their stories with me good, bad and some really funny.
I have shared my story with 2 of my clients. Not something I was planning on doing but it was already in God's plan. The first time was with a mother and daughters. We started talking about children and for some reason I felt led to share it with her Griffin's story. Come to find out I mentioned that we needed speech and that there was a long waiting list for the local speech place in town and she called me the next day with an appointment! She worked there!
The second client was a Dad who has two boys. He was just asking if my oldest was in school and I said yes he goes to an Autistic school here in town.( Would of never said that in the past. I would of just said the name of his school and left it at that.)
Come to find out his youngest son has a speech delay. He asked me a million questions about Griffin and was headed home to share with his wife in hopes to find answers.
It is truly amazing to see his hands in all of this! He has taken this entire month and has showered us with his love!
I am truly blown away at what God is teaching my family and I. The only word that comes to mind is Grateful. I am truly Grateful for his mercy. I am experiencing overcoming love which is out of a book I just finished.
Overcoming Love refuses to give into hate, but instead chooses to trust God- that his ways are righteous, his timing is perfect,and his goodness ultimately powerful.
Thanks to all who responded to the email. They are words that will never be forgotten! Love you all!
This is another passage that a friend emailed to me that I think sums up this post:
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."
2 comments:
we have some mutual friends, and i believe that's how i happened upon your blog a while back... my husband has a new co-worker who has a son with asperger's syndrome, she's looking for a daycare/school for him as the one he's currently in has basically suspended him because of his behavior... would you email me the name(s) of the school(s) that offer care for austim/asperger.
gratefulsoul@hotmail.com
rejoicing in Him,
~gillian
Amy, so glad things are going well and you are completely trusting God! Has the yard sale happened yet? I want to donate some things if not! I hope I'm not too late!
Post a Comment