My good friend Angie reminded me of the actual day I went into labor so I thought I would share the story but post date it so that it will be in order for Griffin to enjoy one day.
That morning I had gotten up ready for my doctor's appointment just hoping for some change in my dilation last Friday I was only 1 cm. So I got to the Doctors office and they did there usual taking the Blood Pressure, reading my Blood sugar levels and the fun part of being weighed to see how much Griffin and myself had grow in just a weeks time. Then back to the waiting room until my named was called.
Finally, the words I didn't want to hear still one centimeter! I was so ready to hold my little Griffin. I couldn't wait to experience the labor and the miracle of having this great human being who I will cherish and love!
So, I left disappointed but still in hopes of having him this weekend. I called my usual people. My mom in law, Jv, my good friend Amanda (who was also pregnant),Lenette at work and updated them that nothing had changed.
My friend Rebecca, from hygiene school, was in town for the day to see her Grandmother and to see me. So we got together and went shopping. I had some things I need to get and she had a list of things to get for her Grandmother. So we went to several places. We went to Target, Walmart and throughout these several shopping places I was having contractions they were small but they were still present.I was so excited each time I would have one I would smile and look at my watch to see if they were getting consistent. They weren't but it was still very exciting!
Later, We both were wanting to try out the new Starbucks in town and I had a gift card so we stopped and I ordered a tall non-fat decaf upside down caramel macciato my usual and the guy at the register started a conversation about my pregnancy and I stated I was having contractions and of course he looked at me like "do you really need to be here?" Then I ran into my dear friend Angie and we started the whole conversation up again about how I was having contractions every 30 mins and how I thought I might have this baby tonight. She gave me the same look. I had that silly gangly smile from ear to ear. (This was the part she reminded me of at Bible Study she is now pregnant and she said she will never forget seeing me so happy to have contractions and that it gave her hope)
We then went back to her Grandmothers to visit and I could tell the contractions were really consistent they I was having them every 20 mins now! Yea!!! After helping her Grandmother with a few things she and I went back home where I told JV about our day and said to call his buddy Brent to tell him we wont be at the Restaurant for the fraternity event.
Rebecca left back to her town and about 6:00 is when it all really started. I was actually feeling the contractions better now but could still walk. They were closer now about 15 min apart. I got in the bath tub to see if they would change any. (This was something else we learned in birthing class to change your environment to see if the contractions still stay the same.) They did.So, I tried to get my mind off the contractions and focus on something else. JohnVan and I decided to watch one of our DVR series. Gray's anatomy. During that time we would pause it when I was having a contraction and I would get on my knees and place my head and hands on the couch arms and he would rub my back. Then when it would subside back to the program.
Finally after 4hours of laboring at home we decided to go to the hospital. When we got there we were greeted by the sweetest nurse Gloria she was the best! My experience was the best beside the doctor which is another story but will not be mentioned in his baby book due to it not being the most positive story. All in all, I got the epidural when I was 4 cm and an hour later I was 10 cm ready to push! Oh! I forgot I did experience a hot spot which for those of you that don't know what that is, it's where the epidural only takes on one side. It was a big scare but they got it under control and I could still feel a little bit on my right side but it was perfect! It actually helped me know when I was having contractions and when to push!
In one hour and 15mins of pushing we had our prayer laying on my chest with it's parents crying uncontrollable! It was the best,best truly best feeling anyone could ever had! The first 6 weeks were really hard then poof it all disappeared with just one smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment